The Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies has released its 2010 Annual Report featuring the winning “Land the Cover” contest image, Bob’s Ram, submitted by Bob Grier of NEBRASKAland Magazine.
The 2010 Annual Report represents the views and voices of fish and wildlife agencies as they stand on the frontlines of conservation as stewards for North America’s fish and wildlife and the public’s trust. The report also highlights the outstanding participation of state, provincial, territorial and federal agencies as well as the greater conservation community and sportsmen industries in collaborating to realize the year’s accomplishments.
In 2010, the Association focused on these issues and outcomes:
• Protecting conservation authority through Congressional legislation and international representation;
• Securing conservation funding through the Farm Bill and State and Tribal Wildlife Grants;
• Coordinating science-based conservation on species-based programs and cross-cutting concerns;
• Connecting youth to conservation and enhancing relationships between agencies and the archery, hunting, shooting sports, boating and sportfishing industries through the Industry/Agency Coalition and the new Council to Advance Hunting and the Shooting Sports;
• Fostering conservation leadership; and
• Recognizing the recipients of AFWA’s 2010 Annual Awards.
In addition, the report features stunning photography contributed by individuals from state fish and wildlife agencies and regional associations. Jesse Lee Varnado from the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks was the “Land the Cover” Contest Runner-up and George Andrejko of Arizona Game and Fish Department was the President’s Choice Award winner for Best Gray Squirrel photo. An Honorable Mention goes to Larry Kruckenberg of the Western Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies.
Click here to download a PDF copy of AFWA's 2010 Annual Report
To order print copies of the report, contact Laura MacLean at email@example.com.